About Legionella Conference 2019
Why Should I Attend?
The Legionella Conference, hosted by NSF International and the National Environmental Health Association, is a unique, annual event that focuses on emerging issues related to building water systems - and brings professionals together to work toward solutions.
The 2019 Legionella Conference theme, “Building Water Systems: The Sustainability and Public Health Nexus,” centers on how both industries can help align water and energy sustainability and public health goals. This event will bring together thought leaders from across the sustainability, public health, water management, water utility and academic communities. Working in collaboration with diverse stakeholders, we can develop systems to prevent illness associated with building water systems while meeting our sustainability goals.
Important topics include:
- Creating a successful water management program
- Advancing water reuse opportunities
- Monitoring a successful water management program
- Intersection of sustainability and public health for cooling towers
- Water conservation goals and public health – responding to unintended consequences
- Strategies for benchmarking building water systems for sustainability and public health outcomes
- Legionella outbreak surveillance and response strategies – identifying best practices
- Domestic hot water systems – safely and efficiently managing water temperatures
- Plumbing design
Who Should Attend?
- Facilities managers
- Public health officials
- Health care infection control personnel
- Certified hygienists
- Environmental consultants
- Sustainability directors
- Professionals interested in building water health